The Code of Conduct is not meant to restrict library use or to deny library services and facilities to people who need them. Instead, the Code has been established so as to help create a pleasant and peaceful environment for members, authority, staff, as well as to protect the library property.
The Code of Conduct
1. A person who wishes to use the library services shall enter his/her name, address and time of entry legibly and put signature in the Visitor’s Register kept at the librarian’s desk . Such entry shall be taken as an acknowledgement that the person agrees to conform to the rules of the library.
2. Members must carry their library ID card or permission letter while using KCHR library. They must show their ID card on demand.
3. The personal belongings like books and other printed materials, bag, umbrella etc will not be permitted inside the library. In case of personal belongings, they have to be left at the property counter in front of the entrance to the library. Library staff is not responsible for reader's personal belongings. The users are, therefore, advised not to leave expensive items with the property counter.
4. Silence must be observed in and around the library. Library is a place for individual reading and research. Combined study sessions, group discussions and sleeping are prohibited in the library. It is the responsibility of every member to ensure that no reader is disturbed in their study by any act of his/her. Members are therefore expected to conduct themselves in a sensible way inside the library , as is conducive to this purpose.
5. Mobile phone usage is prohibited inside the library. Library staff and users should make all calls from the front porch area of the library. When receiving an incoming call, staff and users should move to the porch area to take the call. Library user must use the silent signal function as the alert for incoming calls. Users who do not have the silent function feature should turn the audible signal to the lowest volume or put it in a vibratory mode.
6. Library follows an Open-Access system. Books and other documents once taken from the racks should be left on the table instead of keeping it back in the racks.Replacing the documents on shelves by users is not encouraged as the documents may get misplaced.
7.Any complaints regarding the library services, staff or the users must be first informed to the Librarian.
8.KCHR library is primarily a reference library, library documents will not be circulated for outside use.
9.A person shall be responsible for any damage done to the books once issued. He will be required to replace such books or other properties damaged or pay the amount fixed by Library Advisory Committee or Director. Improper use of library facilities by a member will lead to the suspension/termination of his/ her membership.
10. Users are not allowed to take any other books or printed notes other than note book/foolscape papers into the library stack room. In case of inevitable situations,library staff's permission is required.
11. Photocopying of the reports, thesis, rare books, books of very high cost, over sized and damaged books etc will not be allowed on any circumstances.
12. The newspaper(s) should be folded properly after reading and kept back in the designated place.
13. Members are not permitted to reserve seats in the reading hall.
14. Use of laptops other than for academic purpose is strictly prohibited in the library.
15. Use of eatables in the library is strictly prohibited. It is the responsibility of every staff and members to keep the library clean.
16. No tracing or mechanical reproduction shall be made without the permission from the Librarian.
17. In case the users find any difficulty for finding documents/information, they can contact the library staff.
18. If any member does some irregularities in the library he/she will be fined as per KCHR rules. If necessary further disciplinary action may also be taken by the disciplinary committee.
19. The KCHR reserves the right to change or amend any of the rules as and when necessary.
Cyber Library Rules
* Cyber Library must be used for academic purposes only.
* Browsing of dating, social networking sites and Online Chatting is strictly prohibited. Strict disciplinary action will be taken against the defaulters.
* Members must carry their Library ID card while using the Cyber Library. They must show their ID card on demand.
* Members must not share their internet access ID and Password with other students.
* Playing games on computers is strictly prohibited in the entire Library premises.
* Members must take care of their Pen drives, CD/DVD ROMs, Cell Phones, and Wallets etc.
According to the Kerala Government Insructions, KCHR office and library premises follow the Green Protocol. No plastic and paper wastes are allowed in the surroundings.